Auto Logoff

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Screensaver Factory

Auto Logoff

Postby Jon » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:08 am

Hi,

A feature that we require is an auto-logoff function. Currently we use WinExit.SCR This allows us to enter a number of minutes of inactivity before the user is automatically logged out of their session. Its a very useful security feature. The problem is that this is all the screen saver will do, therfore it locks the screen and counts down, but no option to add images/video.

If your product could do this then we could have custom screen savers and keep this 'mandatory' function.

Hope you will include this.

Thanks

Jon
Jon

Postby Karlis » Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:13 am

All screensavers usually automatically log off the user if the option is enabled in Windows screensaver settings, are you saying that this option does not work?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Logoff

Postby Jon » Fri Apr 01, 2005 12:43 pm

Hi,

The only feature that I can see is one to lock the screen, not logoff the user. Am I missing a setting?

Thanks

Jon
Jon

Postby Karlis » Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:13 pm

Lock screen ... that is what I meand by logoff. I misunderstood you. Yes, logoff would be an interesting feature, however I am afraid that if the lock-screen kicks in first, then logoff won't work. Must test this...

Thanks again!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Screensaver Factory Feature Requests