Unique update address option

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of Screensaver Factory

Unique update address option

Postby dlwford » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:07 pm

Hey guys & girls,

Great job with SSFE - so far. In my testing it's proven to be very robust ... with few negative issues.

One feature I have not found in the demo version (suggest it be added if possible on next release) is a "registration code" variable that can be concatenated with the update & exit page web address to produce a unique address (directory specific) for client specific updates. After registration, updates for specific clients or groups of clients could easily be set up on the update media server. Until registration there should be a default constant ! :)

I am also experiencing some wierd characters showing up in the RSS feed display. Would be helpful if there were a few more controls -- size and shape of the feed display - also some code to strip away ALL formating so feeds can be displayed. formatted, and limited, to produce more consistency.

I think your app has substantial potential - looking forward to proving it!!

Thanks for the consideration :D
Larry Watford
ShadowBrook Media
dlwford

Re: Unique update address option

Postby flogger123 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:35 pm

I understand that this post is old but is anyone else looking at this to be implemented? Thanks.
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
flogger123

Return to Screensaver Factory Feature Requests