RSS Feed Reader To Show Content For Our Web Sites

Here you can share ideas about new products that Blumentals Software could create

RSS Feed Reader To Show Content For Our Web Sites

Postby robertdesko » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:51 am

I did quite a bit of research on the web looking for a RSS Feed Reader to embed into my 3rd personal web site project that I am working on. For some personal reason I just don't like to mess with widgets. Also I don't like feed readers that use flash since flash is not search engine friendly in attempting to rank your web site.

I did come across this web site called Magic RSS at http://www.magic-rss.com/ which looks pretty promising. You can either opt in for their javascript code or use their php code and server side includes. I haven't tested yet the server side include part of it yet since I need to quickly register another domain name first.

So basically it seems that another really good outstanding web site software program that could be developed would be a RSS Feed Reader to embed into our web sites when we are designing them that is search engine friendly.

Since I posted this a couple of days ago, I just found out from the fine folks at my web hosting company that server side includes are not supported.

So it looks like I have to find another work around which might still be using widgets.
robertdesko

Re: RSS Feed Reader To Show Content For Our Web Sites

Postby robertdesko » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:47 am

After two days of hardly any sleep I finally found what I was looking for in combining RSS News Feeds. I just combined three feeds to put on my third personal web site project. I don't mind in sharing knowledge if it will help folks to make their lives easier. The web site that I finally discovered to do all of this is at http://www.blastcasta.com/

All of their tools are free to use which I think is very kind of them. Just outstanding. The script is Javascript and yes it is a widget and it all makes complete sense to you in what you are doing.

This will definitely help in the SEO ( Optimization process ).
robertdesko

Return to New Product Ideas