Not working with Windows Media Center Version

Post your questions and problem reports here

Not working with Windows Media Center Version

Postby cburris » Tue May 30, 2006 2:28 pm

I used the older version on windows xp pro just fine. Since then I have upgraded to windows media center and the newest version of inet protect. I can't get this program to to work. I have installed it. Disabled the internet and it still will not block internet access. I have even gone in and made sure the schedule was set to not allow me access at all and it still will not block internet access. I emailed technical support and they said to try and make sure nothing was allowed to access the internet under allowed programs and disable my firewall. I did that and it still does not work. I can't imagine why this would not work under WIndows XP medial Center. Please advise or otherwise I will have to search for another product.

Thanks.
Chris Burris
cburris

Postby Karlis » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:18 pm

Currently Windows Media Center is not officially supported (the systems officially supported and tested are Windows XP Pro and Home), although most likely the problem lies not in the Windows but in some other software that is installed on it. This can be tested by uninstalling all utilities like anti-virus, anti-spyware and firewalls one by one, each time restarting the PC (this is essential), until you find which one was the cause.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support