Crashes when attempting to install full version

Post your questions and problem reports here

Crashes when attempting to install full version

Postby ideaspring » Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:02 am

I recently cleared out my computer, and now I'm trying to re-install the full version.

Initially tried install, but after it said "you have Inetprotector already installed", the window just closed, and set-up ceased.

Noticing that my original version was 2.5, and the download was 2.7, I though this might be the problem, so I've purchased another copy.

Normally, I'd be pretty annoyed about doing this, but to be fair, at under $20, this programme has to be the best IT investment I have ever made, it must save me a couple of hours of wasted time every day!

Still no joy, and now I'm getting really frustrated at this thing. Windows installer won't remove it, and any attempt to install the full version just gets the same error round and round again.

Karl, you have a really superb product here, which I just want to get working again. You market it for parents to stop their kids from accessing unwanted sites, or for employers, but I'm not sure if you realise just how valuable this software is for SELF employed people, who can use it to make sure that they know when to switch off and enjoy life beyond the computer!

This is such a simple and effective idea, but I'm really annoyed to have wasted the last couple of hours trying to re-install it. I don't want to go an hunt around for another similar product, so hopefully you can help out.

Thanks
ideaspring

Postby chrisjlocke » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:01 am

Does "I recently cleaned out my computer" mean that you deleted files and directories without running the uninstaller?

I assume the program is detecting left over files or registry entries from the previous install.

It may simply be a case of deleting some registry keys.
If you could explain what you did (just deleted a directory by mistake?) I can try and recreate on my test machine, and hopefully work out a solution.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:11 pm

This must be because you removed files without using the "uninstall" feature. Please contact me via support[at]blumentals.net for a solution.

Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support