Ebay

Post your questions and problem reports here

Ebay

Postby western » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:07 pm

I have enabled e-bay and can go to the main page but when I log into my account I get a message that says "error on page" what do I need to do?

Thanks!

Ed :D
western

Postby oracledba » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:54 pm

ebay is another examplel of a site which brings in content from other domains. ebaystatic.com is an example so is verisign.
One way to tell what else is being touched is to look at status bar (lower left coner) as pages loads you can see various domains flash by these will need to be added. Another method is to click on view and source
search this page for other domains to add to the exception list.
My guess is you'll have 12 or more entries to get ebay to work.
If you get it working you might want to post in this forum what was required.

Your issue is a great example of why I made a feature request.

I would like would be a "learn" mode for inet protect. In this mode I tell inet "watch me" and I then surf to sites that are to be allowed. Everything that I touch or that is brought in by what I touch, inet protect adds to its list. By doing this, I'm simply surfing but inet is busy recording this into the exception list(s). When I'm done I take it out of learn mode say "ok" to save changes. From now on when we disable internet, the sites I touched will still work perfectly.

I have no idea if the developer(s) like this idea or not.
oracledba

Postby western » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:15 am

After working and adding over 20 different ebay addresses I just discovered that every search category has a different address. I think that this is a lost cause! Looks like there are hundreds of addresses. I have spoken with ebay and have been told that they cannot give this list out. If anyone knows how to help please SPEAK UP.

Thanks,

Ed

:(
western

Postby chrisjlocke » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:13 pm

The main trouble is, will be this list is so dynamic - servers / domains will change as demand for eBay changes, and/or new 'pages' are brought online, eg, the "Want it Now" section will bring in 10001 new exceptions.

Rather than exact matches, some regular expression matching is required...

(/runs away...)
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:09 pm

Try adding just ebay.com (without any leading www or any other prefix)

simply adding ebay.com will allow everything that ends with ebay.com, e.g. auto.ebay.com, arts.ebay.com, home.ebay.com etc.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support