conflict with juno printing and no "clear log" but

Post your questions and problem reports here

conflict with juno printing and no "clear log" but

Postby millervt » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:31 am

I bought a family license and installed inet protector on my 3 pcs at home. It works perfectly on 2, but there are two problems on the third, one of which is definitely specific to that pc, and the other may be. I run standard winXP SP2 machines with nothing particularly odd about them.

First, there is no "clear log" button, so log events are just building up. I can probably live with this, and/or if there is a way to delete a file to clear the file that would be fine too, but I worry if this isn't working correctly, what else isn't? I have a "clear log" button on the other two.

Oddly, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling the software, including deleting the install file, and when the software starts up again, it has remembered all my settings and password, so I worry that it isn't getting cleaned out somehow by the uninstall. And this PC is the one I had loaded a trial version on, before loading the full version on, so I suspect that may have something to do with it.

Second, and more of an issue, I can't print from Juno anymore. I use Juno primarily for email now, and it sends/receives email just fine, but it hangs when attempting to print. I've reloaded the Juno software, and my printer driver, both from fresh web copies, but no change. Exiting Inet2 doesn't solve the problem, only uninstalling it does, repeatably (I tried several uninstall/reinstall cycles, and each time I get the same results - inet2 installed => can't print, inet2 not installed => prints just fine. I can print from other software, but I need to be able to print my emails as needed.

Help? thanks!
millervt

Postby Karlis » Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:59 pm

There should be a Clear Log button it is in the view Log window. Of course you can also delete Log file if you want.

Are you sure that the Juno problem was not there with the trial? Also please let me know what is Juno and how do you use it. I'm afraid we have no experience with that.

The settings are indeed kept, but it is on purpose so that you do not have to re-enter them every time you upgrade (due to tech reasons each new install requires to uninstall old version).
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby millervt » Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:47 pm

thanks for the reply...yes, I know where the "clear log" button is supposed to be...it shows up in 2 out of my 3 computers I've installed this on, but not the one where I had the trial. Can you tell me how to manually delete the file? I don't really need a button if I can just delete it occasionally myself.

Juno is www.juno.com, a free email service. It has a proprietary version of IE for processing email, so no doubt there is where the problem is, since I can print just fine from a regular version of IE, as well as from Word, and other programs.
millervt

Postby Karlis » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:35 pm

Can you please tell me what are the differences between computers with "clear Log" visible and the one where the button is hidden? Do they have the same screen settings and windows version?

To clear the log manually, simply find and delete the file named iprot.log
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support