Some of iNet Protector components are not running properly

Post your questions and problem reports here

Some of iNet Protector components are not running properly

Postby redding » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:27 pm

I ran into the "quota problem" that was discussed in the other post so I downloaded the new version to see if the issue was fixed. Now I cannot seem to even access the schedule, quota, timer, add programs, or for that matter do much of anything because some of the "components are not running properly". The program suggests that I restart my computer or reinstall the software. I've tried both these options and they have not solved my problem. So now I'm here and hoping that someone can help me. This software hasn't lived up to it's desired function since I bought it and I'm getting a little frustrated.
redding

Postby Karlis » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:16 am

You should let us know what was your previous and what is the current version.

You should also perform a clean install:
1) Uninstall
2) Make sure inet protector program folder is clean - all files deleted
3) Restart
4) Install

Also, please make sure that you have turned off unwanted program protection in your anti-virus as this looks like one of those cases where the anti-virus could be interfering with inet protector.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Component problems

Postby redding » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:42 pm

I did the things that you are recommending before I even contacted this forum. However, I will disable my anti-virus software and run an install again. iNet seems to be picking up a user that no longer exists on my computer and lists it under the schedule for individual user schedules. I am not sure of the previous version that I was using but I do know that I bought the family license around Jan 10th of this year. thanky you for your help and suggestions.
redding

Component problems

Postby redding » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:24 am

The same error message keeps coming up. Even after I followed the advice listed. Is there anything else I can do. I feel like I paid a lot of money for this software and haven't really been able to use it as advertised...
redding

Postby Karlis » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:54 pm

You should contact our support, because it looks like you have an individual problem: http://www.blumentals.net/support/support.php

Include:
1) Your full name
2) Reference to this forum topic, so that we know who is contacting.

I will send you another version, maybe that will work for you.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support