Problem with pop port of Outlook Express 6

Post your questions and problem reports here

Problem with pop port of Outlook Express 6

Postby daffy84 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:54 pm

hi, i've a problem with OE. when internet is enable i've this problem, OE give me a message that there is an error on the port 110 (pop3 port). i've just reintalled the program..the same error..now i've disinstalled inet.. OE works fine..
daffy84

Postby Karlis » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:22 pm

Does it happen also when internet is enabled or only when it is disabled? Do you use any anti-virus software? There could be a conflict.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby daffy84 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:23 am

it happen when the program is installed.. enable or disable. there is norton antivirus 2007 as antivirus, if is a firewall problem how can i configure this? there is just an exception on norton firewall for inet program.
daffy84

Postby Karlis » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:51 pm

When Internet is enabled, there should be no problems, because iNet Protector does not block anything during that time, so I doubt whether allowing anything would help, but you can try this:

Put Outlook's executable file in the Allowed Programs list, also put Norton's C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe in the allowed list.

It looks more to be some system-related problem or conflict, because during the whole life of this project, we have never received a report like this. Just a week ago we specifically tested Outlook with iNet Protector and it worked ok on all computers.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby daffy84 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:06 pm

i've already put outlook in allowed programs..but i didn't try to put symantec..i'll try this way.. on my pc the trial version work ok.
daffy84

Postby Karlis » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:07 pm

Ok, let us know. If the problem persists, I have another solution in my mind, but it will be available with the next version in approximately one or one and a half weeks.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

new version?

Postby daffy84 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:19 pm

ok..if i need the new version how i can have it? i've just buy your Family product..i think i can have the new version free in family mode..isn't it?can you tell me when the new version is avaible? thanks
daffy84

Postby Karlis » Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:11 am

We plan to release it in a couple of weeks. You will be able to turn on the debugging mode and this will help us to help you solve this.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support