Can't get Quikbooks to load

Post your questions and problem reports here

Can't get Quikbooks to load

Postby McMilon » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:52 am

I have the quikbooks shortcut in the allowed programs and have also placed the web site in the allowed site list. It will not load, says that there is an error. If I disable the "inet block" it loads fine. Any ideas?
McMilon

Postby chrisjlocke » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:28 pm

Whats the exact error you're getting? (when the error appears, you may be able to press CTRL + C to copy the error to the clipboard)
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Quikbook errors

Postby McMilon » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:26 pm

After the internet is disabled, I try loading quikbooks pro 2006 and I get the following error; Quikbooks may have been modified. Try reloading software. error code (-6010, -100).
At this point inet seems to work on our other computers without to many problems, but if I can not get it to work with our quikbooks program I will have to uninstall the inet program completely. Once I enable the internet with inet the program loads fine without rebooting, no problems.
McMilon

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:12 pm

I can't remember with iNet Protector - can you allow specific ports? QB needs ports 10160 or 10172.
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby Karlis » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:32 pm

It looks like Quikbooks is accessing some remote internet site or network resource upon every launch to check something. This remote site is not necessarily Quikbooks website, it may be some other address.

What I learned from QB website is that you must locate and allow all these programs:

QBDBMgrN.exe, QBW32.exe, QBLaunch.exe, and QBUpdate.exe

If this does not work, you should contact QB support and refer them to iNet Protector and describe the problem. They should know what else to allow.

Please let us know.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support