Inappropriate warning about C:\Program

Post your questions and problem reports here

Inappropriate warning about C:\Program

Postby kollo » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:26 pm

When I start iNet Protector I get a warning about C:\Program. iNet Protector tells me I should remove or delete the file C:\Program since it may cause iNet Protector to malfunction.

The problem is that C:\Program is very much needed in my languague version of Windows XP (Swedish version). In the Swedish version of Windows XP, C:\Program replaces C:\Program Files entirely and almost all programs are installed into that directory including iNet Protector.

I can understand that there might be problems with C:\Program in the US English version if Windows XP and I personally think it is bad of Microsoft to localize the name of the default program installation directory. But since Windows XP is made in this way I think we have to accept it and adjust the applications to work with it.

Can you disable the warning for C:\Program or at least add an option like "Do not show this message again" so that we with a non-English version of Windows XP can avoid getting the message every time iNet Protector is started?

BTW, what it is that might break in iNet Protector because of C:\Program?

kollo
Last edited by kollo on Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kollo

Postby Karlis » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:57 pm

Thank you, we shall correct this in the next update.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support