Making sure iNet Protector can not be disabled

Post your questions and problem reports here

Making sure iNet Protector can not be disabled

Postby lsmith » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:55 pm

Hi

I installed iNet Protector (I have v3.3) and it is an excellent program will all the features i really need and it was working great until my son managed to disable it quite easily.

Is there anything i can do to prevent this? Do you know of any option in XP which could stop this or any additonal software i could install to prevent services being stopped?

Thanks.
lsmith

Postby Karlis » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:56 pm

iNet Protector can not be disabled by most regular users, however users with advanced skills might attempt to break the software. There are several steps you can take to prevent even advanced users from disabling iNet Protector.

1) You should set regular user accounts to limited accounts (not administrator account) and allow your users to log in as non-administrators only. (as I understand, you have already done this)

2) Advanced users might disable the service, if your system policy allows them to do so. To achieve top security, you should block the management console for non-admin users. There is a method of disabling Service Management console.

Here you can find more info (you will have to edit the Windows registry):
http://www.pctools.com/guides/registry/detail/1303/
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Re: Making sure iNet Protector can not be disabled

Postby htpd751 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:33 pm

I am looking for the INet service running. Can you please tell me what it is called? I do not seem to find it in the list of services running. Thanks
htpd751

Return to iNet Protector Support