iNet Protector 3.4 makes it impossible to login to Windows

Post your questions and problem reports here

iNet Protector 3.4 makes it impossible to login to Windows

Postby kollo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:36 pm

I upgraded iNet Protector from version 3.3 to version 3.4 yesterday and it really messed up my computer.

When I rebooted my computer I couldn't login to Windows XP anymore. I have a Microsoft Fingerprint reader and the Digital Person login software provided with the the fingerprint reader wouldn't let me login. At the login screen I first got a message that the login software was unable to initialize and when I tried to login with password instead of fingerprint I got a message message saying that there was not enough space available.
I have been running Microsoft Fingerprint reader with the latest software (2.01) together with iNet Protector 3.2 and 3.3 for a long time without any problems at all so I am quite sure the problem was caused by the iNet Protector 3.4 upgrade.

I finally managed to login to safe mode and disable the Fingerprint reader GINA plugin in the registry (uninstall failed in safe mode) and then I could login to Windows in normal mode and deinstall the Fingerprint reader software. But I still got error messages saying that winlogon.exe crashed during login. The login process also hanged at least once. A dialog box with an error message about "SAS Window: winlogon.exe" was displayed. I also got an error message that iNetProtector had crashed during login.

I deinstalled iNetProtector 3.4 and after that the error messages disappeared completely.

I have now reinstalled the fingerprinter reader software and iNet Protector 3.3 and everything seems to work fine again.

Please investigate the problem with iNet Protector 3.4.

/kollo
kollo

Postby Karlis » Sat Mar 29, 2008 3:36 pm

Please try the today's version 3.41 and see if it solves the problem - it would be a great help if you could provide feedback on this. Thanks!

If 3.41 does not work, please fall back to 3.3 again untill we come up with a solution.

You can always get version 3.3 using the current versions download link and replacing 3 with 33. e.g.

http://www.blumentals.net/download/inetprot3.exe (current version)
http://www.blumentals.net/download/inetprot33.exe (version 3.3)
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby kollo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:34 pm

I have installed version 3.41 now and it seems to solve the problem.

Thank you.
kollo

Return to iNet Protector Support