Strange error message

Post your questions and problem reports here

Strange error message

Postby Mansig » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:00 am

Hello!

I have just installed iNet Protector and it seems really good, with a handy integration in the tray field that allows access to the main functions.
However. Each time I start iNet protector, I receive the message "Please rename or delete the file C:\Program. It may cause iNet Protector to malfunction."

Maby the message is trying to say that the folder is causing problem and that I should rename or delete it. But it feels sort of alien for me to delete that folder :D
By the way, iNet Protector is installed in this folder: C:\Program\iNet Protector
I am not running a English operating system, and I believe that iNet Protector is installed in this folder on English operating systems: C:\Program files\iNet Protector
My computer is not special as far as I can tell. the operating system is XP, SP2. 32.

A person who is not handy with computers and receives that message may actually delete that folder with dramatic consequence as entailment. From that perspective, this may be a serious bug.

Yes, I searched before posting this thread.

Thanks
Mansig
"A radical inner transformation and rise to a new level of consciousness might be the only real hope we have in the current global crisis brought on by the dominance of the Western mechanistic paradigm" - Stanislav Grof
Mansig

Re: Strange error message

Postby chrisjlocke » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Mansig wrote:Yes, I searched before posting this thread.

Then did you see this topic? ;)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2531

I believe this is due to the program needing a short path to the program, and expecting c:\progra~1\... which won't exist (or will be wrong) on your system. This can cause all sorts of issues, and may even make the world stop rotating.

See also the explanation in this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3173&p=11104
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Re: Strange error message

Postby Karlis » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:32 pm

What language of Windows are you using?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin