Missing icon, etc.

Post your questions and problem reports here

Missing icon, etc.

Postby Mike » Thu May 05, 2005 12:26 am

I am running the registered version of iNet Protector on a Windows XP home system. Occasionally, if the computer goes into standby or hibernation, when it is "brought back to life", the iNet Protector toolbar icon disappears, and clicking on the desktop icon to start the program doesn't do anything. The program appears to be running, because when the computer comes back from standby, the internet will either be enabled or disabled as it was before going into standby. The problem is that if I want to enable the internet, and it wasn't enabled before going into standby, I have no access to the program to enable it. It will not come up, no matter what I try. The only thing that works is restarting the computer. Any ideas?
Mike

Postby Karlis » Thu May 05, 2005 1:41 am

Thank you for your report. Some details are needed though.

Does this happen with standby or hybernation or with both or you do not know for sure?

Does this happen always or only sometimes? Can you test it.

Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Mike » Thu May 05, 2005 4:37 am

OK, I've got my facts straight now. Here's what's happening:

We have multiple accounts on our computer (Windows XP). Suppose my wife logs onto her account, which starts iNet Protector. She leaves the computer long enough for it to go into standby mode. I come along and log on to my account (she is still logged on, but my desktop is active). I cannot access iNet Protector from my desktop in any way. If I examine Task Manager, showing all users, I see iNet Protector running under my wife's account name.

I hope this is helpful.
Mike

Postby Mike » Thu May 05, 2005 4:43 am

After some experimentation, I've found that only the account that started iNet Protector running will have access to the program controls. Only by logging the starting account off, then logging on a new account (and restarting iNet Protector again) can I get access to the program.
Mike

Postby Karlis » Sun May 08, 2005 3:26 pm

Thank you for your report, we will try to fix this in the next release.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Ka » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:36 pm

I have this problem too, also I am not getting the different settings to work for different XP profiles.

For this reason I am not going to purchase this application as it's a bug that makes the most important features unuseable.
Ka

Postby Karlis » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:01 pm

Currently the solution to the problem is to disable fast user switching.

This can be done via Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Change the way users log on or off. You must uncheck Use Fast User Switching.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support