Kaspersky Doesn't Like iNet Protector

Post your questions and problem reports here

Kaspersky Doesn't Like iNet Protector

Postby LenBates » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:42 am

On my son's computer--the real object of all this--his Kaspersky Suite will not let me install iNet. It even deleted the download from my stick drive.

Anything to say about this?

Thanks,

Len Bates
LenBates

Re: Kaspersky Doesn't Like iNet Protector

Postby LenBates » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:42 pm

I guess this Kaspersky issue is the same kind as the previous issue with AVG. I have AVG as well on several computers. Only one of them raised an objection immediately as I installed iNet Protector, so I OK'd it and things went OK. iNet works on those computers just fine.

The scary thing was that Kaspersky had multiple file names listed in its rejection. It was very clear that it found major problems with iNet Protector, and as I mentioned it deleted the install file as well.

I have since run AVG scans on the successfully installed computers and also online BitDefender and TrendMicro Housecall scans. They found nothing wrong with the computer that has iNet Protector.

I guess I'll just set Kaspersky to bypass the blocking and 'get over it!'.

Thx,

Len Bates
LenBates

Re: Kaspersky Doesn't Like iNet Protector

Postby Karlis » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:40 pm

It is not uncommon for lazy anti-virus software developers to simply block any applications that interfere with network activity on advanced level and mark them as malwere instead of analyzing the application in-depth. Due to this corner-cutting, iNet Protector sometimes becomes a victim of outrageous false alarms which are not good for our reputation at all as they may mislead customers to think our software contains malware, which it does not.

We are doing what we can to report all these false alarms to the developers of anti-virus software and most often they do respond by updating their products and provide an apology, but it is an ongoing battle as the false-alarms come back after time and we have to report them again.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support