Doesn't work anymore: can't browse to Allowed Web Sites

Post your questions and problem reports here

Doesn't work anymore: can't browse to Allowed Web Sites

Postby MasterMind » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:34 pm

Hello,

I've been a user of iNetProtector for almost a year and I'm very pleased by this product! This being said, I recently had to format my computer and reinstall everything: Windows XP SP2 and all my programs. After re-installing iNet Protector, I have been very surprised to realize that it didn't work anymore! When I go to "Blocked Sites" and select "Block websites listed here and Allow only Allowed Programs, Services, Sites and FTP", and when I click on "Allowed Sites" and add for example "www.google.com", I cannot go to "www.google.com"

I don't know what I'M doing wrong? Any help would be very appreciated! I love this program and want to use it again!

I have the family edition 3.3

Thanks!
MasterMind

Re: Doesn't work anymore: can't browse to Allowed Web Sites

Postby Karlis » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:38 pm

First, you shopuld add google.com (without www part) to the allowed sites.
Then you must make sure that google.com (or anything related with google.com) is not under blocked sites.

After that you should make sure that you are not using HTTP proxy server in your web browser, because allowed/blocked sites can not work if you connect via proxy server.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby MasterMind » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:33 am

First of all, thank you for your answer, I appreciate it! :)

Yea, I tried "google.com" without the "www" part but it still doens't work.

And right now I'm browsing the web and Inet Protector shows "Internet Disabled"... really weird, it seems it doens't work at all! And I chose the option "Block websites listed here and Allow only Allowed Programs, Services, Sites and FTP"

I have no proxy on my machine, only a firewall (COMODO) but I already allowed Inet Protector as a trusted application.

I've already checked everything on my machine and I still don't understand why it doesn't work... Any other idea?
MasterMind

Postby Gatis » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi,
To understand if the real cause of the troubles you are experiencing, please reset all settings to default (remove all allowed, blocked sites, reset all settings, etc.), and then test if you can block internet at all - disable internet connection, and try to use your web browser to access some site (make sure you actually reload this site, and are not looking at a locally cached site).
If internet can be browser, while iNetProtector actually blocks internet connection (at least, while it shows, it is blocking), please see following site for possible cause and a suggested workaround:
http://www.blumentals.net/inetprot/faq. ... p_conflict
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby MasterMind » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:51 am

Thank you for your help.

I tried everything described in the web page you supplied - nothing worked.

Now I'm trying to send the debug info to the support team, but I can't find any valid email adress to which I could send the file 'c:\iprot.log' . Can somebody give the email adress to me please?

Thank you!
MasterMind

Postby Gatis » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:02 am

Hi, to contact us, please use following site:
http://www.blumentals.net/support/wizard.php

Also, make sure you disable (or better uninstall) Comodo firewall, then restart your computer, and then see if this helps or not.
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Karlis » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:53 pm

We have had reports that due to fault in comodo firewall software iNet Protector might not work. Do you use comodo or any other new firewall or security software?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby MasterMind » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:00 pm

Yes I do use Comodo Firewall and Antivirus.

I will try uninstall it and see if it corrects the problem.

Thank you!
MasterMind

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:27 pm

After you find out whether it is indeed their firewall or antivirus, you should report this to comodo if you are paying customer. I will try to do this too, but more complaints they get, more probability that they would fix their software.

Maybe it is possible to put iNet Protector in some kind of whitelist?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby MasterMind » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi,

You were right: the problem came from an incompatibility between Comodo Firewall Free edition and iNet Protector. I uninstalled Comodo Firewall, and after that iNet Protector worked like a charm - just as before. I installed another free firewall software: Ashampoo, and everything works well so far! Hourray! Even though I was only using the free edition of Comodo, I will report the problem to their support team.

Thanks again for your great help pinpointing the source of this problem, it is very much appreciated!

God bless :wink:
MasterMind

Return to iNet Protector Support