Relationship with Internet Access Controller?

Post your questions and problem reports here

Relationship with Internet Access Controller?

Postby kollo » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:57 pm

I stumbled across the software "Internet Access Controller" by Gear Box Computers today. It looks like a clone of iNet Protector. What is your relationship with Gear Box Computers?

http://www.gearboxcomputers.com/products/internet-access-controller/

/kollo
kollo

Re: Relationship with Internet Access Controller?

Postby MikeyB » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:33 am

I'll bump this so Karlis doesn't miss it.

But I've not used iNet Protector, and that other website is blocked from here!
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Re: Relationship with Internet Access Controller?

Postby Karlis » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:22 pm

Initially Internet Access Controller was a pirated/cracked version of iNet Protector which was visually modified but used the same code base. It could be easily proven by reverse engineering tools and simply by observing that their product had exactly the same bugs and error messages as older versions of our iNet Protector.

I have contacted numerous times with GearBox computers and owner claimed that he had hied some offshore developer to create product that would work like iNet Protector and that he had no idea that the software they got was a pirated version of iNet Protector. He promised to stop distributing the software numerous times and finally did when we threatened with legal action.

I can not conclude that they are scam artists but something was/is not right there. What I know for sure is that they have been clearly involved in a criminal activity in the past and that their business practices have been questionable in the past.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support