Problems with Quota and Schedule

Post your questions and problem reports here

Problems with Quota and Schedule

Postby smartbidder10 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:14 pm

Karlis, I cannot use my Schedule or Quota function. I just downloaded, installed and updated to version 3.55 of iNet Protector Family. I can access the Schedule menu, but whern I try to access the "Indivudual User Account Schedule," I get a "System Error, Code 5, Access Denied." When I click on "Daily Quotas", I get no response, no new window opens. I can use the Timer function.

Thaks for your help.
smartbidder10

Re: Problems with Quota and Schedule

Postby crash613 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:42 am

I am having the same problem. I just installed Version 3.55 on a fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit. The program opens and seems to work, turn on/off the internet. but when i try to enable daily quotas (the only reason i need the program) i get the following message:

The requested operation could not be completed. Some of iNet Protector components are not running properly.

To fix the problem, try one of the following:
Restart your computer
Reinstall iNet Protector

Neither "fix" helps.

I know this program works(ed) on Windows Vista. I don't know if this is a Win7 problem, i thought it might be a Norton NIS problem, but i did the temp disable while it installed and that didn't help.

Please advise.
crash613

Re: Problems with Quota and Schedule

Postby Gatis » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:30 am

Hello,

crash613,
iNetProtector works on Windows 7 32-bit computers - there are no known issues to date.
Please check this article, it might help:
http://www.blumentals.net/inetprot/faq. ... p_conflict

smartbidder10,
Did iNetProtector install without any troubles?
You might want to reinstall in once more to see if that helps (you should try to install it using user with administrator privileges). It seems in your case this is some kind of access rights issue. What is your computer's OS? What type of user account are you using?
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to iNet Protector Support