I can still get on blocked sites

Post your questions and problem reports here

I can still get on blocked sites

Postby The Nightingale » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:02 am

Hi,

I've just purchased the softwear and I like it so far. The only slight problem I'm having is that I only like to block certain sites (rather than the whole internet.) Thus I use the feature *allow everything but* The issue with this, however, is that sometimes you can still go onto the website you blocked if you find it via a different link. For example, I blocked the entertainment blog "Oh no they didn't" by putting ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com in the specified area, however, if you google that and look below the first site link, there are a number of tags that just lead you directly to the blog. I also blocked Internet Movie Database, but still managed to get on it via a link. So it seems if the web address is just slightly different then what you put in, it'll let you on. It doesn't block the site based on its name, but rather based on an individual basis (if I'm understanding this right.) Therefore, once you're into the site, it'll let you browse wherever you want.

Is there anyway around this? To prevent websites being found (and accessed) just by using a more extensive google search?
The Nightingale

Re: I can still get on blocked sites

Postby Aivars » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:30 pm

We had this problem on some computers and it was fixed in latest update. Please download the latest version from http://www.blumentals.net/inetprot/download.php.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: I can still get on blocked sites

Postby Kalina » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:55 pm

I still cant block Facebook...
Kalina

Return to iNet Protector Support