Daylight Savings blocked

Post your questions and problem reports here

Daylight Savings blocked

Postby DavidM » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 pm

On both Win XP and Win 7 computers, my clock did not automatically adjust to account for daylight savings because I had the option of "Do Not Allow Changes to the Clock" enabled. I had to turn iNet Protector off, manually adjust the clocks, then re-enable. I understand the feature of not allowing changes to the clock, however automatic Daylight savings adjustments and NTP updates should be an exception to this rule.
DavidM

Re: Daylight Savings blocked

Postby Aivars » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:43 am

This is a technical problem - at the moment we can't really tell apart whether user or some program is changing the time or Windows is doing it because of daylight savings. For now there is no solution to this problem and all changes to system time will be blocked, even the daylight savings. We hope to find a way to solve this in future.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Daylight Savings blocked

Postby keiooz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:32 am

You should consider this case on Windows end as they are the whole checking your time. You may also try to check it on BIOS. You will be able to see the time set in your computer. I am just not sure if there's any way to change daylight savings function.
HTML + CSS = BOOM!!! Image
keiooz

Return to iNet Protector Support