iNet Protector does not work on domain computer

Post your questions and problem reports here

iNet Protector does not work on domain computer

Postby inetProtUser » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:37 am

Dear iNet Protector Support,

we tried to install your iNet Protector Software on one of our domain computers (I installed the software as domain administrator and as local administrator both won't helped). Sadly it is still possible to access the internet after the blocking mode is activated.
The iNet Protector Serivce is running and is set up as trusted service in our anti-virus solution (Sophos). We also fully disabled the antiv-virus software temporally but it still does not work.

Additionally i would like to know how iNet Protector tries to block the internet (maybe it is easy to find the solution for this). Is he using firewall rules (That could be one reason because the firewall ruleset is not changeable with the administraive account we tried)? Does it work with a proxy server?

i already tried to contact you over the service form, but i did not get any answere for days

thanks for your help

regrards
Andreas.K
inetProtUser

Re: iNet Protector does not work on domain computer

Postby Aivars » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:39 am

iNet Protector is using the rules defined in its settings and works with all proxy servers.

This sounds like a problem that should be solved via individual support. We're not sure why the support forms failed, I've asked to verify them in all of our sites immediately. Could you tell us which form exactly you used? For now please try sending e-mail to support@blumentals.net or let me know your e-mail via PM so that we can create the support ticket manually.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: iNet Protector does not work on domain computer

Postby inetProtUser » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:15 am

Aivars wrote:iNet Protector is using the rules defined in its settings and works with all proxy servers.

But how he tells the operating system to shut down the internet access? If the iNet Protector use firewall rules i belive i found the problem.
inetProtUser

Return to iNet Protector Support