Timer issue

Post your questions and problem reports here

Timer issue

Postby Max » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:28 pm

Hi

I set the timer for a few minutes after entering my password. The Internet Time Left box says "Timer is not set". Yet the inet icon in the tray tells me the internet connection will be disabled after the specified amount of time. The bottom line is the timer does not the internet connection.

Does anyone know what causes this please?

Thanks

Max
Max Blumberg
Max

Postby Karlis » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:44 pm

I'm afraid I was not able to reproduce the problem. It seems to work just fine in default conditions.

Please provide detailed instructions on reproducing the problem starting from turning on the computer and then click by click...

Also please provide more info about your computer system, and options you have set in iNet Protector, including the use of schedule.

Thank you!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Max » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:51 pm

Hi Karlis

Is it true that the timer works only if Internet is Enabled before you set the timer. That is, if Internet is Disabled, then the timer will not switch it on (though it will switch it off if it Enabled).

If I am correct, then I guess what I would have wanted is even if Internet is Disabled, engaging the timer should Enable the Internet for the period of the timer instead of having to Enable the Internet before engaging the timer.

Best wishes

Max
Max Blumberg
Max

Return to iNet Protector Support