HTTP email problem with Outlook 2002

Post your questions and problem reports here

HTTP email problem with Outlook 2002

Postby frankb » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:07 am

I am using Outlook 2002 to send/receive email from msn.com. When the internet is blocked my msn email is blocked from sending and receiving in outlook. I should advise as well that my verizon email account(non-HTTP) works fine through outlook with iNet on.

I followed the directions from the webiste on setting up HTTP email with the product, but nothing has worked. I assume you have a solution for this. I like the product but need to use outlook to retrieve my msn email. I am running on Windows ME currently but will want to use this on XP as well. Can you adivse a fix.

Thanks
frankb

Postby Karlis » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:17 am

Thanks for your question. Here is a list of things that should help.

1) Please add the Outlook 2002 to the list of Allowed Programs in Settings.
2) Make sure you have checked E-mail under Allowed Services.
2) Add following items (without www) to Allowed Sites:
msn.com
passport.com
passport.net
hotmail.com
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby frankb » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:20 am

Thank you for the response. I have doubled checked the settings section to confirm everything was setup per your instructions and I continue to have the same issue as noted in my original post. When I disable iNET everything is fine. The Outlook 2002 is listed as: c:/program files/microsoft office/office10/outlook.exe in the allowed program section. I am at a loss at this point on how to make this fuction. Please advise!

Frank Bingham
frankb

Postby frankb » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:25 am

I am continuing to fool around with this trying to figure this out. I have added Norton Anti-Virus and Norton internet Security to the allowed programs and it still fails to allow my MSN email through Outlook 2002. I am running windows ME. The Outlook error message for the MSN email account indicates that outlook cannot access the server. Is this a simulation you can run on your end?

Frank Bingham
frankb

Postby Karlis » Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:53 am

I am afraid we are unable to reproduce the problem. Can you please tell which iNet Protector version are you using and also make sure that the e-mail is not run through any proxies set by anti-virus software?

Please contact us at support[at]blumentals.net for the fastest response time.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support