Problems with Terminal Emulator

Post your questions and problem reports here

Problems with Terminal Emulator

Postby tag » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:19 pm

I purchased this software for a machine in shipping that I did not want everyone to have access to internet on. After installing the software on the computer, the terminal emulator used to access a unix box loses keyboard functionality in that program. Even in the configuration menues when the internet is disabled. When enabled it works fine. I have added the program as being allowed as well as the ip address of the server. It communicates with the server just fine as it connects and as for the login; however; you cannot type the login untill you enable internet. (It does not disconnect the client either, you simply cannot type) I have allowed access on everything with all boxes checked to allow and with it disabled the keyboard function does not work but immediately returns once the internet is re-enabled. I am using the Term emulator from Century Software. Any help is greatly appreciated.
tag

Postby Karlis » Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:12 pm

Probably there is some other program that is a part of terminal client that needs to be included in the allowed list. I would suggest to contact the terminal software vendors, probably they could help, as we do not have access to any working copy of such software client and server, so we can not test it from here.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to iNet Protector Support