Separate Quota's for Daytime/Evening Time Periods

Let us know what you would like to see in the next version of iNet Protector

Separate Quota's for Daytime/Evening Time Periods

Postby JRumens » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:33 pm

I need to restrict my Internet usage. I work an IT job from my home and use the same PC for work and personal stuff so there's a lot of distractions and I need to discipline myself.

Say I want to allow myself 2 hrs of Internet usage between hours 9:00-17:00 so I can turn Internet on/off as needed. After 17:00 I want to either have unlimited Internet, or have a separate quota. The quota's must be separate otherwise I will just use it all in the daytime!

I will have to give someone else the password for iNet protector so I can't just disable the program or change settings myself so it is no solution to just disable it manually in the evenings because I must not know the password. I'm sorry that I don't have more self-control! That's Internet addiction i suppose.

Please can you provide a solution? I think a lot of people would want this feature.

Many thanks! :)

p.s. using separate user login account is not an option either, i must use the same account at all times.
JRumens

Postby kollo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:37 pm

Hi,
I might have solution for you that involves giving up administrative access to your computer certain hours of the day. I will send you a PM.

kollo
kollo

Return to iNet Protector Feature Requests