CSS Tutorial Recommendations

Discuss general web development questions. Help others and get help from others.

Moderator: kfury77

Re: CSS Tutorial Recommendations

Postby MaxD » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:49 pm

syrupcore wrote:
MaxD wrote: Seems pretty spot on for bigger sites and general best practices. It's pretty much how we get stuff done at work (isitedesign.com). ".

Tell me you're not the guy with the mask :mrgreen: had a look at your code too. Drupal eh? jquery....
The thing that interests me is the style sheet linking. Appreciate you may add styles for mobiles, IE6 etc, but you have styles for modules too. I imagined something like this, as I'm making (in bits) a site which has several elements, including the easy menu script and css among others. I could take all the css and make one big messy stylesheet, but it seems more practical to include elements and their styles individually if need be. Perhaps that is what you are doing?
Amateur web design now dabbling with php and jquery
MaxD

Re: CSS Tutorial Recommendations

Postby syrupcore » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:05 am

I actually prefer everything be in one big sheet. Easier to maintain over time and fewer server requests on page load (faster!) but drupal does it that way and we're too busy to work on our own site. :)
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Previous

Return to Web Developer Talk