Easy Button & Menu Maker

Discuss general web development questions. Help others and get help from others.

Moderator: kfury77

Easy Button & Menu Maker

Postby Karlis » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:48 pm

Through a lot of work some pain and some interesting experience we have created a new software for web developers.

It is called Easy Button & Menu Maker, but it is not yet another of the kind (at least I and our developers hope so).

The general idea is to enable web developers create cool DHTML menus (and some cool buttons too) while spending almost no time and being sure that the menus are valid and that they will work.

Yeah, I know, most professionals try to create their own systems or customize existing javascript packages, our solution is for mid-level and beginner-level developers who prefer easy click-click-done and for those who do not want to go through editing a lot of scripts. And then a bonus - you have the ability to create really nice buttons without knowing what pretty means ;)

So the question is what do you think about this product?
http://www.blumentals.net/buttonmenumaker/

Advanced developers, remember to look at it not from the view of hardcore web developer (though it may be good as a quickie tool for many experts too) but from a viewpoint of a guy who has a website.

Should you want a license gimme20 coupon gives a 20% discount if entered in the ordering form for the next couple of days (this is for forum visitors only).
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby jerm » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:17 am

It's brilliant Karlis!

I suppose that you could call me a seasoned Web developer, but I'm always looking for quick and easy ways to do things and this is just about the quickest and easiest button/menu creator that I've used and I've tried quite a few. So many styles and buttons as well - I'm off to buy a copy!

PS - your software is so reasonably priced, which proves that good software can be sold at an affordable price.
jerm

Postby jerm » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:26 am

Just one problem - the "gimme20" coupon code is not accepted by the online ordering system!
jerm

Postby Karlis » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:53 pm

jerm wrote:Just one problem - the "gimme20" coupon code is not accepted by the online ordering system!

How did you manage to do this? No, really!

Here is how I tested:
1) Went to http://www.blumentals.net/buttonmenumaker/order.php
2) Clicked Purchase Now
3) Entered coupon and clicked Update Cart
4) Discount is shown...

hm....
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby jerm » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks Karlis,

I'm not quite sure what happened at the first attempt, but the order page that I arrived at didn't have the discount field at the top, so I entered the discount code in the field at the bottom and it wasn't accepted from there.

I've now ordered successfully.
jerm

Postby s1tony » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:08 pm

I agree with jerm - nice tool. I, too, am a pretty seasoned software developer, and finding and utilizing good tools like this to help produce a quality end-product is good strategy in my book.
s1tony

Postby multifarious » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:13 am

Very nice tool, better then what I've come across before.
For fast prototyping or static sites it'll be invaluable. Really.

For dynamic sites I'm not too sure. And TBH not to sure about the underlying script/css BUT I'm known to be terribly anal about these when I'm buiding produciton sites so.. I advice people to see if the resulting code is something they can work with when building vast production sites.

Nevertheless, a good and valuable tool. Gonna try and convince my boss to get it: the combination "speeding up" and "prototypes" will probably do the trick.. (agile development environment here.. PITY ME!!! ;))
Patrick Kanne - webmaniac
- as we fail to imagine, we are punished with reality
multifarious

Postby MaxD » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:27 am

Very easy to use, and nice results. I will probably use this on my next site. Hopefully help it to get a consistent top 10 in the searches 8)
MaxD

Return to Web Developer Talk