font sizes

Discuss general web development questions. Help others and get help from others.

Moderator: kfury77

font sizes

Postby MaxD » Wed May 20, 2009 9:53 pm

I find setting font sizes a bit of pain, you change one thing and it affects another. Currently though I'm working on a site, and I've set the font-size for a .box class as 10px. It works OK in Firefox, but it doesn't work in IE8. Is there a function in webuilder I can use to pinpoint this fault?
Amateur web design now dabbling with php and jquery
MaxD

Re: font sizes

Postby syrupcore » Thu May 28, 2009 6:29 am

I don't think there's really a tool that can help you deal with text sizes in webuilder.

absolutely required reading: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/howtosizetextincss/

Totalllllly worth the 15 minutes!
syrupcore
Top Contributor

Postby MaxD » Thu May 28, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi Syrupcore. The problem which I should have clarified a bit is this :oops: Its a weather feed from a well known search provider. The script I bought uses the feed and renders it with nice icons etc using a table. Using php include I've added the feed/table to a .box class (width 200px height: auto etc) and added a font size for this class. Firefox is fine, IE8 doesn't like it. Even adding a font size to the body or !important doesn't change it one iota. Its on the webuilder locahost, so perhaps a localhost issue?

I presuming I have to style the table, but as its php and includes lots of php statements I'm not familiar with, not sure how. The script provider is not replying on this issue :roll: I've got other things to do with the site, so could leave it until last of course :wink:

The Webuilder feature I'd like is this: click on a <div> or font and select 'show parent' to find out what is causing a styling problem. Also tabbed editing i.e. show classes, font classes etc if that makes sense?
MaxD

Postby MaxD » Fri May 29, 2009 8:57 am

The good thing sometimes about posting a question is, you supply your own answer. Added a style for #table and everything seems fine. The script comes with some inline styling, so just have to remove this and style it with css. :)

absolutely required reading: http://www.alistapart.com/articles/howtosizetextincss/

Totalllllly worth the 15 minutes!
Thanks for the link, will take a look.
MaxD

Return to Web Developer Talk