Next Update

Discuss general web development questions. Help others and get help from others.

Moderator: kfury77

Next Update

Postby Capricorn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:14 pm

Since it's almost half a year ago RapidPHP got an update, it would be interesting to know then the next update will be published and what features will be integrated.
Capricorn

Re: Next Update

Postby Gatis » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:12 pm

Hi,

We are working now on the next major version.
We hope to have it ready by the end of this month.

Currently I can give you a basic list of what will be new in version 2011:
* Cursor - Preview and Preview - Cursor synchronization (must be turned on manually)
* Add selected code to the library
* Smarty support (snips & hl)
* Add support to common JavaScript libraries - for example, jQuery, Prado (and possibility to add your own)
* Navigate Forward/ Navigate Back (browse through the places where you made last modifications)
* Macro recording/playback functionality with possibility to save recorded Macros.
... and more features/fixes.
There will be lot of improvements, we hope you will like it.

Kind regards,
Gatis
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Next Update

Postby mapleleaf » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:11 am

Happy New year to All!

This is good news without question of the pending release of 2011.

I have for the past few of weeks converting my web site into html5 using 2010 which at first gave some problems or issues but once one overcame the
annoyances using 2010 came easy. The html5 tags are clearly marked in 2010(in red).

I am hoping that with this new release that macros will be present as this truly is helpful and thus eliminate repetitive typing.

I have targeted February 1 as the day of opening BUT will delay IF the 2011 update is released in order to proof read but all in all I am pleased with 2010 and in IMHO well worth the money spend.

With the html5 version I will thus offer the visitor not only a flash version but also an html5 version. I may even decide to drop the flash version all together but not certain on this.

This may be far fetched but one feature I would like to use in Webuilder is a preview type for images rather than utilizing an external program. Thi sis perhaps a more of a convenience wish but useful.

It is possible that I may not know that one is able to tie into Webuilder an image viewing program, IF there is can someone please tell/show me.

mapleleaf
http://www.mirana.net
mapleleaf

Return to Web Developer Talk