Angular developement with WeBuilder

Discuss general web development questions. Help others and get help from others.

Moderator: kfury77

Angular developement with WeBuilder

Postby Abisem » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:08 pm

Hello everybody,
I'm a long time WeBuilder user (at least since 2010) and I find it a critical tool in my everyday work. I use it with great results for Classic ASP, PHP, JavaScript, JS libraries (JQuery mostly) and CMS (Contao, Wordpress).

Lately I've started studying Angular for a forthcoming app I'm developing with another collaborator, which suggested me the use of Microsoft Visual Studio Code, that surely has a lot of features, but misses the look and feel and usability of Webuilder I'm used to.

I know that everything done with an IDE could be done with a text editor and some CLI commands, and in fact I'm writing TypeScript files with WeBuilder already, but what I'd like to know is if anybody here has tweaked it to better working with Angular (not AngularJS), Node and so on, and could give me suggestions on how to.

Thanks in advance
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate
Abisem

Re: Angular developement with WeBuilder

Postby tobeyhardy » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:05 am

I just get started to learning Angular.
lenny face emoji
tobeyhardy

Postby auvi1965 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:58 pm

Same question here :-(
auvi1965

Postby pmk65 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:12 pm

Abisem wrote:Hello everybody,
I'm a long time WeBuilder user (at least since 2010) and I find it a critical tool in my everyday work. I use it with great results for Classic ASP, PHP, JavaScript, JS libraries (JQuery mostly) and CMS (Contao, Wordpress).

Lately I've started studying Angular for a forthcoming app I'm developing with another collaborator, which suggested me the use of Microsoft Visual Studio Code, that surely has a lot of features, but misses the look and feel and usability of Webuilder I'm used to.

I know that everything done with an IDE could be done with a text editor and some CLI commands, and in fact I'm writing TypeScript files with WeBuilder already, but what I'd like to know is if anybody here has tweaked it to better working with Angular (not AngularJS), Node and so on, and could give me suggestions on how to.

Thanks in advance

Take a look at the answer I posted here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8146#p28881

You can also create custom plugins that runs various node.js scripts on the editor contents/selection, like this one: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=8091
The plugin uses Lebab to transpile ES5 to ES6, but it can easily be modified to use Babel instead so you could transformations Typescript files etc.
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
pmk65

Return to Web Developer Talk