Drop Down Menu's Behind Rest of Page

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Drop Down Menu's Behind Rest of Page

Postby TiGgEr9 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:53 pm

I made a horizontal menu, and the sub menu's show up behind whatever is on the web page immediately below the menu.

my menu is in it's own php file in a div, and is included into the other page, and a new div starts immediately below the menu. This did not affect the previous javascript menu I was using.
TiGgEr9

Update...

Postby TiGgEr9 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:23 am

It works as expected in Firefox, another case of IE being a pain. That said, is there anything I can do to make it work in IE?
TiGgEr9

Additional Issue

Postby TiGgEr9 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:23 am

I am also having a problem where the table properties are being overwritten by existing style sheets.. Is it possible to have more specific style sheets generated so that they are not overwritten unless for some reason the same table id is used?
TiGgEr9

Postby Karlis » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:48 pm

Can you, please send us a link or a zipped sample. Send it directly to software[at]latnet.lv Thanks!
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby turicon » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:51 am

Hi,

I have also this problem (only with IE 6 and 7). Here is a screenshot:

The menue is in a div-Container with a high z-index. The dropdownlists position is absolute and have a id and a low z-index. The black background are a backgroundpic over the complete site.

Any ideas?

Greetings,
Turicon
turicon

Postby Karlis » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:14 pm

Our developers should look into this, it will take several weeks.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Aivars » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:41 pm

The Internet Explorer has a rather annoying bug with z-indexing. Please try to move <script> tag which is generated by Button&Menu Maker and looks something like this: <script type="text/javascript" src="testpage/cbjscbinsmenu.js"></script> to the very end of the document (right before </body>). Let me know if that helps.
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Cary » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:58 pm

turicon wrote:I have also this problem (only with IE 6 and 7). Here is a screenshot:

This is a known bug with IE. Check out these links:
Select Element Layering Bug Fix
Select Element Z-index Ignored by IE 6 - Workaround
<SELECT> Free Layer
Cary

Postby turicon » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:56 pm

@Aivars: Sorry, your idea don't work.

@cary: thx! I read this workarounds. But I am furious now. M$ is a milliard dollar company and can't fix this well-known problem since many years??? And I am to such sh*t implement? :evil:

It is enough! Not with me! Who uses this sh*tbrowser, is even debt. Basta!

</furious> :wink:
turicon

Firefox and Opera has Issues Too!!

Postby kballar3 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:34 pm

For all their good, Firefox and Opera have issues too!

I have an issue with the menu appearing behind a flash slideshow even though it definitely has a higher z index.

I know that flash is usually presented on top no matter what, but in IE7 I do not have the issue, because IE7 understands the following:
param name="wmode" value="Transparent"

Anyone got a hint what I need to look at doing to correct Firefox and Opera?
Thanks,
Chris
kballar3

Re: Firefox and Opera has Issues Too!!

Postby Cary » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:55 am

kballar3 wrote:I know that flash is usually presented on top no matter what, but in IE7 I do not have the issue, because IE7 understands the following:
param name="wmode" value="Transparent"

Can't be sure without seeing your live page, or at least the full code for that page, but if you really have "Trasparent" with a capital "T" you should make sure it's all lowercase and see if that makes a difference.

It may be that you're using an object tag with activex code and some param tags as well as an embed tag, in which case IE will see the object tag and the params. All other browsers see the embed code which needs to include the attribute wmode="transparent".
Cary

Postby kballar3 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:14 am

Cary,

Thanks. That's wasn't exactly the problem but it did get me to think about how the flash slide was created. I was using Anvsoft Flash Slide Show Maker with the Advanced features. It generates with an XML file that is used for several of the settings and that was causing my problem. I decided to do something a little more basic and now everything works.

Thanks for getting me to think.
Thanks,
Chris
kballar3

Fixes Issue in IE 6

Postby TiGgEr9 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:29 pm

I have tested my page in IE 6, and this does fix it. I have not had a chance to test in IE 7 yet.
TiGgEr9

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support