Problem with buttons

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Problem with buttons

Postby Keithmj » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Hi All..I didn't have any problems with the trial so I purchased the Pro program..Now I have all kinds of problems..My buttons on my test page won't show until you run the mouse over them. Then when you reload the page they are not there until you run your mouse over them again. Here is the link so you can see what they are doing.. http://www.keithmj.com/testpage.html It doesn't matter what browser I use it does the same. Also the shadow is showing in the wrong place when you run your mouse over the button..I had problems down loading the program after I purchased it so I think it might just be the program..Any ideas? Thanks..Keithmj :D
Keithmj

Postby jerm » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:11 am

For what it's worth, the buttons are displaying OK for me, but the shadows are displaced. IE7 and Firefox 2 - Windows Vista HP.
jerm

Postby jerm » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:11 am

For what it's worth, the buttons are displaying OK for me, but the shadows are displaced. IE7 and Firefox 2 - Windows Vista HP.
jerm

Buttons

Postby Keithmj » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:24 pm

I got the problem of the buttons not showing figured out and corrected, that is why they show. I can get the problem of the shadow fixed if I shut the shadow off. I think that is a bug in the program. Another problem I found is that you can only have one set of buttons on the page at any time. If you put two different groups on the same page the rollover effect quits working, another bug...I hope support can get those figured out. The only thing I don't like about Blumenthals software is that when they do fix them it will probably be in the next upgrade and I'll have to pay to get them, as upgrades are not free. And if that happens I'll just shelf the program and use something else that I already have to make my buttons..But overall I like their software..Cheers..Keithmj :D
Keithmj

Postby jerm » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:04 pm

The only thing I don't like about Blumenthals software is that when they do fix them it will probably be in the next upgrade

This isn't usually the case - many fixes are provided through updates, which are free.
jerm

Postby Keithmj » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:59 pm

This isn't usually the case - many fixes are provided through updates, which are free.

Hi..That might be true about updates but I have WebBuilder 2005, WebBuilder 2006 and WebBuilder 2007 and had to pay for all of them. I should only have one with free upgrades like most other programs. I know everyone does it different and this is not true of all. And if you buy a program and they come out with a upgrade within a years time then it should be free to those who have bought within that year. I don't know if this is done or not or if Blumenthals does this.. :?:

I still have the problem with the submenu shadows. And from playing with the program I'd say it is in the program. Also the subMenus stay open and will not close on their own as usual but I see that is going to be taken care of in the next version. "This change has been approved and it will fixed in next version (which is already in development). Thanks for the patience" This means it is not a update but would be nice as an option and probably means I'll have to pay for it..Guess I'll just wait and see..Cheers..Keithmj
Keithmj

Postby Karlis » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:17 pm

The shadow offset could be caused by an invalid HTML. Make sure you do not put the menus inside an absolute DIV.

As for the updates, all these nasty bugs to the javascript will be corrected for free within several months. Please understand that this is version 1.0 and it is very fresh software. Usually the first versions go up to 1.5 or even 1.8, we will be having an update next month.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Positioning?

Postby kballar3 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:01 am

Karlis,

What's the best way to position the menus then?

I use a WYSIWYG product that generates all the html. This particular program provides several entry points to actually add your own html or javascript. However, the end result is generated and uses absolute positioning.

It seems that no matter what I do, the menu shadows are offset. Is that the worse that can happen by placing the menu in a div? I can live without the shadows if it is.

Thanks!
Chris
kballar3

Postby Aivars » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:30 pm

This is corrected in the development version (using your page as test page, thanks for that!). Currently you can fix your page without waiting for the next version in following way:
Move this line:
Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript" src="testpage/cbjscbinsmenu.js"></script>

to the end of the file, right before </body> like this:
    </div></div>
</div></center>
<script type="text/javascript" src="testpage/cbjscbinsmenu.js"></script>
</body>
</html>
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Cary » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:44 pm

Your style sheet link should also be in the head of your page rather than the body, like this:

<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {margin: 0px; padding: 0px;}
-->
</style>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="testpage/cbcscbinsmenu.css" type="text/css" />
</head>
Cary

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support