Changing button width - over zealous control

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Changing button width - over zealous control

Postby paul.mac » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:12 am

Hi,

I've been using the taskbar palette of menu templates because it has the ability to have left and right ends to a group of menu buttons. As mentioned else where I would like the ability to auto size the whole menu bar, once constructed, to a specific width so that it nicely fits the page width. Doing it manually I find that when I go to change the button width, my usual course is to delete the current entry and then type in the size I want. Unfortunately the over zealous system doesn't like the box to be empty and automatically places a 1 in the box. I type in my desired size say 87 but because of the 1, which I haven't spotted - because no other graphics program does this, the box now says 871. Then the hyper efficient maximum permitted button size routine kicks in, decides you can't have a button wider than 800 and reduces it to 800! I then start again typing in and correcting numbers until I get the value I want. Please, people are not stupid, leave well alone until we have finished!
paul.mac

Postby Aivars » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:42 am

This is a bug and nothing intentional - empty fields should be allowed.
Thank you, I'll add it to the list.
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support