CSS Issue

Post your questions and problem reports here.

CSS Issue

Postby daveb » Fri May 16, 2008 8:40 am

Hi,
I am a registered user of the menu/button maker. I have created my buttons and menus and embeded them on my site. However my site uses CSS already. It appears that my CSS is overwritting the CSS for the buttons. Links dont work, colors for the menus are wrong etc. WHen I save the Button code as a separate file it works fine.

Can someone tell me how I make the menus work with my CSS file..?

-Dave
daveb

Re: CSS Issue

Postby chrisjlocke » Fri May 16, 2008 9:54 am

Are you using identical element names for your site and buttons? A site can have more than one CSS file.
Have you a link to your site you could send me?
chrisjlocke
Top Contributor

Postby daveb » Fri May 16, 2008 10:17 am

HI,
nope the site is still in development. I just got around to using the product and created the buttons last night. Tonight I made the menus and was adding them to the site. When I inserted the code I noticed that the menu and sub menu links didnt work (except the last 2) and background colors for the menus (white) were not showing nor were the highlights indicating which menu items was active. The name of my CSS is FTPMasterCSS. I checked the naming conventions in your CSS and JS files and nothing matched. So I figured i was having a CSS conflict where my hover, decoration and visited link definitons may be overriding the buttons and menues.

Any ideas..?

-Dave
daveb

Postby Cary » Fri May 16, 2008 11:47 pm

If you are combining your CSS files into a single file, make sure the CSS for the menu is at the bottom or the end of the style sheet.

If you are linking the style sheets, make sure the style sheet for the menu is linked last, so you might have something like this in the head of your page:

<link href="main.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<link href="menu.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
Cary

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support