Karlis - Can EBMMS create the following

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Karlis - Can EBMMS create the following

Postby alpha2007 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Hello Karlis,
I want to create the following menu structure for my website. Is it possible to realize that with EBMMS?

1) Header Section - Main Menu complete
Located in the header section I want to place the main menu (Level 1 plus all levels of sub-menus) with buttons in a Vista Style

2) Left Column - Sub Menu
In the left column of my website I want to place a menu that displays the Sub Menu for that actual web page starting from level 2 and all subsequent sub-levels
As a glide-out menu

3) Footer Section - Main Menu only
In the footer section I want to place the Main Menu Level 1 only (not sub menus) as a letters only menu

And since I don't want to place the HTML code on every web page (but in one central location) I want to use PHP Include ()
Can I solve that and how? Which files and folders do I have to create?

Thank you for letting me know!

Kind regards,
Anton
alpha2007

Re: Karlis - Can EBMMS create the following

Postby Karlis » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:49 pm

I believe you can do this. You must create 3 separate menus. Main menu full, side menu and bottom main menu.

You can place the menu code in a PHP include or whatever means. The important part is to make sure everything is included in your code properly, just like it would be when you place the menu manually. Also if you use subdirectories like www.domain.com/mainlevel/ and www.domain.com/mainlevel/sublevel/ you should place the menu files under an absolute path and when generating menu, order EBMM to generate code with absolute paths (they start with /)

You can try out our free trial if you want to exercise.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support