IE Problem

Post your questions and problem reports here.

IE Problem

Postby craygo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:37 pm

There seems to be a problem with the javascript generated by the software. It seems the location of the javascript in reference to the body tags is causing problem in IE. You can see the error here

http://www.pranzi.com

I used the software to create the top menu, after the menu items the javascript needs to run to create the other menu items(ie mouseover) and such. This is what seems to be causing the error. Only problem the menu's won't work correctly unless the javascript is run right after the main menu. If I move the javascript to the head I do not get the error but the menu does not work. It writes the btncontainer in the head instead of in the body.

Any idea's on a fix.
craygo

Re: IE Problem

Postby craygo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:40 pm

I figured it out. Might want to stress this in a tutorial or in the faq section. IE has a problem running javascript while it is inside a table. I had to change the header on my page and transfer everything from tables to divs. Once I got the divs organized correctly the script ran fine.

So remember... NO JAVASCRIPT INSIDE OF A TABLE! :)

Ray

EDIT: It didn't work!!!
craygo

Postby MikeyB » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:53 am

Yes, IE does have problems with running scripts that change or add the layout of the page if the script is sun while the page is still being rendered, as would be the case if the script was in a table on your page.
Generally scripts should be in the <head> section of your page anyway.

But your page looks the same to me in Firefox 3 and IE6, so no problems as fas as I can see.
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby craygo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Well only reason it looks the same now is because I had to move the script down below outside the body tags. But if you notice the submenu's show up half way inside the main menu. any way to change that???
craygo

Postby craygo » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:25 pm

UPDATE

Well got the submenu to move down. Had to go into the javascript and give a -10px offset to one of the top styles. But as you can se it also moved the second submenu down as well.

Wish someone would take a look and give me some advice here.
craygo

Postby Karlis » Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:41 pm

As I look at your menus, they seme ok to me. What is the problem?
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support