menues in different sub- and sub-subdiretories

Post your questions and problem reports here.

menues in different sub- and sub-subdiretories

Postby pke » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:54 pm

I have easy button menue maker pro 1.6. All works but: I have a project with about 50 pages in different sub and sub- sub directories: AND I must change links, buttones, add new ones and delete old ones. this works on ONE page /the first index.htm / but not on all other pages.
It can't be that i must replace all the mues in all the pages!!!! - if this is so... I cant use this!
I hope i do something wrong!! thanks for a quick answer
pke

Re: menues in different sub- and sub-subdiretories

Postby Karlis » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:07 am

When generating menu code, you can generate it based on absolute links relative to your domain name.

To do this, use Insert into Web Page -> Just generate HTML code and in the next step enter directory name that starts with / e.g. "/menu". Then you will have to upload all the created menu files under http://www.yourwebsite.com/menu (if you chose "/menu" as the directory for the files) and you will be able to use the *same* HTML code in any sub-directories of your site.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby pke » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks - but if i make changes on the menue - i have to implant the new html code in every page.
- Can't i plant the html-code in one extra site and just change this - and it will be correct for every page?
pke

Postby Aivars » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:32 am

You can keep it in one place if you use server-side programming such as PHP. Move the menu code to an include file and include the menu in all pages that you want to use it.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support