How to Intergrate Menu into Dynamic Web Template?

Post your questions and problem reports here.

How to Intergrate Menu into Dynamic Web Template?

Postby Zekeyia20 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:50 am

This is night number two attempting to get the Menu and my Dynamic Web Template working in harmony; however I have been totally unsuccessful thus far.

My web site is, MyChurch, which has over a dozen folders with file extensions of both .aspx and .htm.

My questions are:
    1. Can the menu be applied to the web template and then show on each applied that is attached to the web template?
    2. Is is functionally necessary to have the images in every sub-folder of the web site, instead of in one sub-folder?
    3. How, after typing the link address, do I get the sub-menu to show the link in order to navigate to it?
    4. Is if funtionally required to attach the menu, i.e. index.htm, page to each page in each folder individually?
    5. Is the Menu Make designed to work specifically with one extension over another?
    6. After going around and around with this, what am I doing wrong?

I am viewing the pages on my computer before publishing them to a remote server, if that makes a difference. Also I was able to get one link on one page to function properly.

Thank you.

Zekeyia20 :?
Zekeyia20

Re: How to Intergrate Menu into Dynamic Web Template?

Postby Karlis » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:12 am

1. Can the menu be applied to the web template and then show on each applied that is attached to the web template?

This depends on what do you mean by "template". Menu must be inserted in the web page where you want it to appear, if you have more complex system with templating engine, you may have to use help of advanced web developer to integrate dynamic menus there.

2. Is is functionally necessary to have the images in every sub-folder of the web site, instead of in one sub-folder?

You cna have your menu files in a single folder e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/menu/), however to achieve this, menu code must be created properly using Insert into Web Page wizard and then using "Just generate HTML...", then on the next step you are presented with an option to enter folder for menu files. In my example, you would use "/menu".

3. How, after typing the link address, do I get the sub-menu to show the link in order to navigate to it?

I am afraid I did not get the question.

4. Is if funtionally required to attach the menu, i.e. index.htm, page to each page in each folder individually?

You can generate menu as described in step (2.) above and while having all files in a single folder, put the generatted menu code in multiple files.

5. Is the Menu Make designed to work specifically with one extension over another?

What was meant by extension?

6. After going around and around with this, what am I doing wrong?

Tell us click by click where did you click and what did you do, what happened and what you wanted to happen and I'll try to explain.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby Kurtjohn » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:23 am

I love the menu maker but have a problem. I use a templated website and it allows me to cut and paste in html.

I have the files saved on my other site that I can upload the image files to. The problem is that the menu doesn't work correctly because the code is "relative" to my other site. How do I make the code more "absolute"? I tried to make the "submenu" my entire web address and it didn't like that. It will add the subdirctory to the code but I need it to includ the entire webaddress and subdirectory in the code. I tried to add it manually with find and replace but I don't all the places where the full address is requoired or if it will work remotely.

The image files are at htttp://www.blueridgeluxury.com and the code is pasted into http://www.HUDDepot.com .

Help me please!!!

Kurt Johnson
Kurtjohn

Postby Kurtjohn » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:42 am

Below is the working menu. I want to copy and paste the code for this into a different website. Is that possible?

http://www.blueridgeluxury.com/hdmenu.htm
Kurtjohn

Postby Karlis » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:33 pm

Is there any chance that you could somehow upload the required files to the target server or is the templating system very limited in this aspect?

You can try editing the JS file:
http://www.blueridgeluxury.com/HUDMenun ... insmenu.js

Changing:
LoadSrcImage('HDMenunew/ebbtcbinsmenu6_1.gif');

To:
LoadSrcImage('http://full_path_here/HDMenunew/ebbtcbinsmenu6_1.gif');

might be a solution. Remember to change all similar places where there is reference to a .gif image.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support