color rainbow ring around buttons

Post your questions and problem reports here.

color rainbow ring around buttons

Postby reneuend » Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:21 pm

Please Help!

I love this tool, but if I try to change the button colors using the sliders, I get a rainbow ring around the buttons when I change the brightness. I thought it might just be on the tool, but its there when I publish it also.

I'm currently evaluating the tool to see if I can use it. In my opinion, instead of sliders, it would be better to have textboxes and enter html values for color and/or rgb settings...especially since I'm trying to match and coordinate with existing colors on the website. This is like taking a paint chip to the store and asking them to match it...so, its done by trial and error. OUCH!
reneuend

Re: color rainbow ring around buttons

Postby Karlis » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:48 pm

This means the saturation or brightness is set too much for this button. It is not a bug in software, you can achieve same effect in Photoshop if you oversaturate or make image too bright. Some images do not look good with all possible settings.

In version 2.0 which we are working on, you will be able to detect color tone setting from RGB value.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby reneuend » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:25 am

Thanks Karlis!

EBMM is still a great product. In fact, I bought it anyway. After working with it for awhile, I was able to come up with a color mix that worked. Its so easy to build menus I was looking at other sites that I support to see if I could update their menus!

I wonder. Would site maps and bread crumbs be outside the realm of this tool for a future enhancement? :wink:
reneuend

Postby Karlis » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Currently there are no plans about sitemaps, but we will improve color adjustment greatly and rather soon.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support