Linking Menu In Frames

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Linking Menu In Frames

Postby bleau » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:12 am

I'm having to build a site in frames, not an iframe. The frame has a main page and a footer. I've tried this with a main page and a header with the menu on the header. I can't get the menu in the header to change the hyperlinks in the main frame. I've tried using this as the Links on the menu in the header to link all the pages in the main window, or frame but it's not working. Sometimes it will give me a blank page in the main frame or it will give me a blank page and no frames with "The Page Cannot Be Found".
< href-="contact.html"target="myframename">Contact</a>...contact.html being a reference for you.
Any help would be greatly appreciate.
Thanks in advance

bleau
bleau

Re: Linking Menu In Frames

Postby MikeyB » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 am

Hi,

Well the code you posted has a few minor errors,
< href-="contact.html"target="myframename">Contact</a> should be
<a href="contact.html" target="myframename">Contact</a>
But I guess that was just due to you typing it in the post rather than the real code on your page?

If your code is correct, then do you get the page show if you go directly to it in your browser?

We'll be able to help more if you post a link to your page, so we can see the actual code and the actual paths it's trying to use.

Mike
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Postby bleau » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:26 am

Thanks for your reply Mike. Yep, I typed the code incorrectly, sorry. I'll check out your browser question tonight and give you an answer. It's been years since I've used frames on a site and I don't remember using a drop down menu then. This is my youngest daughter's internet radio station site and she wanted the new site to let the music roll through the pages. I may be calling the wrong shots on the frames also. so, I go play with the frames and one button not the menu and see if I'm doing something wrong with the frames. I'll get back with you.
Thanks again.
bleau

Postby bleau » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi Mike and once again I thank you. The code was correct. I was not linking the menu to the correct target frame. Once I did that everything is working like it should now.

Bleau
bleau

Postby MikeyB » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:36 am

Cool, glad you got it working now :)
MikeyB
Top Contributor

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support