How Do I Set A 1/2-Second Delay Before Submenu Is Displayed?

Post your questions and problem reports here.

How Do I Set A 1/2-Second Delay Before Submenu Is Displayed?

Postby charlie2010 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:58 pm

To prevent submenus from displaying unnecessarily, I'd like to add some sort of setTimeout() in the JavaScript for the menubar rollovers.

Has anyone done this, or are there any tips on where I might start to begin this minor modification?

Adding a slight delay would prevent the distraction of having submenus pop-up whenever the mouse pointer travels across the menu button (with no need to actually click anything) in the normal course of browsing, accessing other page links, or browser buttons.

Best,
Charlie
charlie2010

Re: How Do I Set A 1/2-Second Delay Before Submenu Is Displayed?

Postby Karlis » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:47 pm

At the present moment there is no such setting. We can note your request as feature suggestion. If there will be demand form other users, we shall consider implementing this feature.
Karlis Blumentals
Blumentals Software
www.blumentals.net
Karlis
Site Admin

Postby charlie2010 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Thanks for the reply. This is just a "personal preference" type of tweak that I'd like to see. I doubt there would be enough interest in something like this to make it worth the trouble of adding a specific option in the program.

In the meantime, I'll continue to hack around with the javascript code to see if I can figure out what's going on, and find a way to manually insert a "setTimeout()" in the correct location.
charlie2010

Postby greg[0]r » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:20 am

I consider having a delay in the mouse-over essential to professional level menu design software. Those sites I have visited that have the delays set too low (no delay) are distracting and make me jittery. I soon develop an unconscious need to exit such sites.

It is not clear to me that a half second is the only calibration control needed - it could be that in some instances up to a full second may be needed?

I hope you recognize the importance of such control to web designers & builders and incorporate it into your Easy Buttons & Menus Pro software?
greg[0]r

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support