Adding Menu on WordPress.org site

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Adding Menu on WordPress.org site

Postby trebor11584 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi,

Hope anyone here could help me with my problem, I'm currently developing a site via Wordpress and I was able to load the button images properly but the thing is the Javascript isn't working. I did some research and found out that aside from callling the Javascript file on your head section you also need to put this code somewhere the PHP file you want to use the javascript to.

Code: Select all
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
updatepage();
//--></script>

Now, my problem is when I checked the JS file it contain lots of function. What function on the Javascript file do I need to call to make buttons work?

Please help me.

TIA.
trebor11584

Re: Adding Menu on WordPress.org site

Postby Gatis » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:24 am

Hi,

Now, my problem is when I checked the JS file it contain lots of function. What function on the Javascript file do I need to call to make buttons work?

All functions of the JS file generated by Easy Button & Menu Maker are important.
you also need to put this code somewhere the PHP file you want to use the javascript to.

I am afraid I did not understand this part. Can you give me the URL where this is said?
Kind regards,
Gatis Avots
Gatis
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Adding Menu on WordPress.org site

Postby trebor11584 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:45 am

Gatis wrote:Hi,

All functions of the JS file generated by Easy Button & Menu Maker are important.
you also need to put this code somewhere the PHP file you want to use the javascript to.

I am afraid I did not understand this part. Can you give me the URL where this is said?

Hi Gatis,

Thanks for the response, really appreciate it.

Here are the links that I followed.

http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2005/09/16/using-javascript-in-wordpress/

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Javascript

Both guides show only one function call (since this is just a sample). Since you've mentioned that all the functions on the JS file are important does that mean I need to include all of it?
trebor11584

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support