problem in IE

Post your questions and problem reports here.

problem in IE

Postby mainship » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:17 am

We just changed our menu a bit. The new one is giving us problems in IE 7 and IE 8. We haven't tested it in older versions of IE.

We have a forum by vbulletin. On the forum page part of the dropdown menu is hidden behind part of the forum. Has anyone else run into partially hidden drop down menus in IE? Is there any fix for this?
mainship

Re: problem in IE

Postby wmtipton » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:36 am

mainship wrote:We just changed our menu a bit. The new one is giving us problems in IE 7 and IE 8. We haven't tested it in older versions of IE.

We have a forum by vbulletin. On the forum page part of the dropdown menu is hidden behind part of the forum. Has anyone else run into partially hidden drop down menus in IE? Is there any fix for this?

I used "z-index:+999;" to get around the problem because the drop down menus were hiding behind some art on a homepage, cleared it right up.
wmtipton

Postby mainship » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:07 pm

Thank you, but where did you add it?
mainship

Postby mainship » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:43 pm

I tried adding the style to the surrounding div tag, and to all the styles int he CSS file. The dropdown is still hidden behind part of the page on the forum. What else can I try?
mainship

Postby wmtipton » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:11 pm

mainship wrote:Thank you, but where did you add it?

I put it in the div that your navigation is in.
It may or may not work....ie the drop downs will still fall behind some things like a pdf thats showing in an iframe.
wmtipton

Postby wmtipton » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 pm

mainship wrote:I tried adding the style to the surrounding div tag, and to all the styles int he CSS file. The dropdown is still hidden behind part of the page on the forum. What else can I try?

I think I saw a tip here on this forum to move just the <script> .....</script> code (just the one line, I think) for the menu to the last thing on your page (just before the </body> tag)

maybe that would work....
:)
wmtipton

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support