Horizontal Menu w/Drop Downs

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Horizontal Menu w/Drop Downs

Postby usrodeosupply » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:50 pm

We use www.netsuite.com to host our site. I followed the instructions and can make a blank html page work perfect. However,,,when I attempt to add this to our template/theme header section, it does not display everything.

I was able to added all the files to our default/root folder and everything worked on the home page, however as you navigate the site then we lose all reference to the correct folders.

Our domain is: www.usrodeosupply.com

All of the files we added to https:system.netsuite.com/c.601914/site/header-menu/

I reference site/header-menu/ for the css and script and added the CSS to the head and left the script in the body as shown.

Initially none of the images displayed, however I updated to include reference to /site/header/menu/ and they appear, however none of the drop downs or roll over buttons function.

I tried adding both (separate tests) /site/header/menu/ to the script reference and I tried the full url, I also tried without any references to the path.

Anyone who can help me trouble shoot I'll get you set up with a free bull ride! ....or just say thank you!
usrodeosupply

Re: Horizontal Menu w/Drop Downs

Postby usrodeosupply » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Still fightin the good fight trying to get this implemented.

As of now I scraped everything and started over.

The blank html page that I created and is live works perfect;

http://www.usrodeosupply.com/site/menus/wednesday1.html

When I go live I now have all the main images to appear, however on roll-over the main button disappears and the new images fail to load. The drop down menu is working and the nav links work.

I edited the html on the main images to reference the correct folders. I have not changed the text file or the script file

I did change the css and script references link to the correct folder ie: /site/menus/

So,,,do I need to edit the script file and if so to the full url or to /site/menus?

www.usrodeosupply.com
usrodeosupply

Postby usrodeosupply » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Looks like I got it working. Perhaps a cache issue as I believe I did this before and may have changed it too soon. I updated the script file to reference /site/menus/ and slowly the images appeared. As of now it is working.
usrodeosupply

Postby wmtipton » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:16 pm

usrodeosupply wrote:Looks like I got it working. Perhaps a cache issue as I believe I did this before and may have changed it too soon. I updated the script file to reference /site/menus/ and slowly the images appeared. As of now it is working.

I have, at times, had a real problem with the ftp server getting things updated to the webserver. I make changes and it would be an hour before they actually showed up. Not knowing what was going on, Id be ripping my hair out trying to find out what the problem was.

Also, If you use Firefox, always check explorer too because FF has a nasty habit of not wanting to let go of its cached webpages....EVEN when you have cleared them out.

One time my banks website was 'down' for about THREE days. I kept checking back every hour or so and finally after 3 days I opened up the site in Explorer and sure enough, it was working....and HAD been the entire time. I just so happened to check it at a point where they were doing something on the server and so firefox must have cached that page and even after clearly my cache and rebooting at least twice it was still showing the page from when the banks website was down. It still happens at times even with the newest FF version.

I always check with Opera and Explorer if FF is doing something suspicious anymore.

Glad you got it working.
The menu maker software really is probably the best software Ive seen for the price...
wmtipton

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support