Transparent Buttons for menu

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Re: Transparent Buttons for menu

Postby Aivars » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:46 am

Wait, first of all - are you talking about submenus (those that drop down) or the buttons?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby rarmy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:54 pm

Aivars wrote:Wait, first of all - are you talking about submenus (those that drop down) or the buttons?

hehehe...both??? for future reference. have been playing, seems I had to add transparent to a couple of places to get the effect...
rarmy

Postby Aivars » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:44 pm

Shhh, don't tell anybody but we have been working on a new version that will allow generating fully css-styled images and menus. Currently you can't do much about the buttons by changing css, because those are images. But in the new version anything will be possible for those who have some basic knowledge of css (and it's fun and easy to learn, I recommend to give it a try). The old image-style buttons will also still be there.
Aivars

Postby rarmy » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:29 pm

Aivars wrote:Shhh, don't tell anybody but we have been working on a new version that will allow generating fully css-styled images and menus. Currently you can't do much about the buttons by changing css, because those are images. But in the new version anything will be possible for those who have some basic knowledge of css (and it's fun and easy to learn, I recommend to give it a try). The old image-style buttons will also still be there.

kinda figured it out...noticed that the top menu were gifs, and debated whether or not to make ea one transparent, where css worked on sub-menus. The problem I had was mapping the css id / class to the proper place, thus was asking for a id / class map to what you see so to make it easier to go to the appropriate tag to change. the css class / id seemed a little cryptic as to what I was adjusting. I hope that made sense...been playing around with updating a site so really got into the Easy Button and Menu Maker alot...sample of what I was doing is here...note the double menu on the member page where I needed the transparent background...

SWGR Update Project
rarmy

Postby Aivars » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:58 am

Ah, I see. If you are really determined to make transparent submenu, then you need to change color to transparent here:
.ebul_mbmenu tr {
background-color: #C6A573;
cursor: pointer;
font-size: 1px;
}

and here:

.ebul_mbmenu, .ebul_mbmenu ul {
border: 0 solid #000000;
display: block;
font-size: 1px;
margin: 0;
overflow: auto;
padding: 1px;
position: absolute;
visibility: hidden;
}

and here:

.ebul_mbmenu tr.hot, .ebul_mbmenu tr.expanded {
}
Aivars

Postby flogger123 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Hi rarmy, got any luck on this one yet?
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
flogger123

Postby Aivars » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:19 pm

You might have heard already, but EBMM3 has been released and all kinds of transparency is supported now. Enjoy!
Aivars

Previous

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support