Submenu Stacking

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Submenu Stacking

Postby gles69 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:44 pm

How do I prevent the submenu from stacking I have tried both ways of saving with and without tables. Html file and just files. When I produce the html file it looks fine in the browser as soon as I add it to the table in my page it stacks the submenu that has over 2 words per line item . It seems if I have to large submenus next to eachother this happens what can I do to fix this
gles69

Re: Submenu Stacking

Postby Aivars » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:50 pm

Could you give us a link to your site with the menu so we can take a look and see what's wrong?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby Larsharley » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:31 pm

I am having this same stacking problem with IE9 but not Firefox. What I see in IE9 is if the cursor moves horizontally from the main menu item to the submenu, the stacking does not occur. However, if the cursor is moved across with a corresponding downward movement, the stacking occurs. Its repeatable.

Here is link to site - http://pinecliffarts.com/masterwebsitet ... index1.htm

Could use some help on this problem. Thanks
Larsharley

Postby Aivars » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:38 am

I've tried to repeat the problem using IE9 mode and IE9 quirks mode and with several document modes (from IE7 to IE9) but I can't observe the problem. Can you make a video or screencast, please?
Aivars

Postby Larsharley » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:16 pm

I posted two video at Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8o4zv8wna51ud6s/yN4xq7nKNZ

One shows no stacking when the cursor is moved straight to the right. The other shows stacking when the cursor is moved right and down. This stacking does not occur using Firefox and also does not occur when I use IE9 on a very (27 in) wide monitor. The problem is occurring on a 19" monitor and a 15" laptop.

I have been playing with what is in the cell to the right of the menu cell, and it seems that if there is something (text or image) close to the left edge of the cell to the right of the menu cell, it wont stack, but on this Mission Statement and Goals page, there is nothing close to the left edge, and stacking occurs.

I checked Easy Button & Menu looking for something to control the persistence of the submenu but did not find anything. Perhaps, since the submenu pops out, then stacks, some persistence might solve the problem.
Larsharley

Postby Aivars » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:57 pm

I can't reproduce that effect on my IE9 no matter what I try, but this might help:

Open your css file (mbcsmb73g0.css) in a text editor, find these lines:

Code: Select all
.ebul_mb73g0 td a, .ebul_mb73g0 td a:visited {
    color: #000000;
    font-family: "Papyrus",serif;
    font-size: 13px;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-decoration: none;
}

and add a new line at the end of this block

Code: Select all
.ebul_mb73g0 td a, .ebul_mb73g0 td a:visited {
    color: #000000;
    font-family: "Papyrus",serif;
    font-size: 13px;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: bold;
    text-decoration: none;
    white-space: nowrap;
}
Aivars

Postby Larsharley » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:17 pm

Well, on my two desktop monitors, seems to be doing the job. Will get a chance to try the laptop later today and will let you know the results. Many thanks.
Larsharley

Postby Larsharley » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:10 pm

Tried the laptop and no stacking. Yeah. Magic piece of code seems to have done the trick. Many thanks again.
Larsharley

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support