Button Image Links Get Page Name in Wordpress

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Button Image Links Get Page Name in Wordpress

Postby Jeff » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Hello,

I truly like the simplicity of creating menus and buttons with your software.

I would like to be able to make a CSS only clickable button, but seems this is not an option.

I suspect a combination of the JS for my buttons and my theme are causing this issue, or perhaps my theme entirely, but I thought I would ask here what you thought.

I am reviving a site I created some time ago, the site in question:

http://www.fortbendbuyersagent.com

I used your software to create a "button bar" across the top of the page for quick links to things.

On the home page, everything is great. Click anywhere else, and in the image link URL's for the normal, hovered, and pressed conditions, the link to those images get /the-wordpress-page-name added just before the location of the images, right after the domain (right after the date string /year/month/day for posts). You can easily see this using Firebug/Firefox. And the page seems a bit slow loading, perhaps unrelated or perhaps because there are several images it can't find now.

I thought perhaps an issue was relative links to the css and js files, so I hard coded both. Helped with formatting issues, not the image link issues on pages.

I checked for page errors, had a few, corrected all but 1 if you look now. I don't know how to fix this last one, and don't think it is causing my issue with these links anyway.

In correcting one of the errors, I was encouraged to take the following html out of the widget I used to place the button bar and instead place it in a script box in my professional Semiologic theme header script area:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.fortbendbuyersagent.com/topnavbutton_files/mbcsmbrounded.css" type="text/css" />

The error went away, but unfortunately functionality remained the same, correct on home page, not good on pages.

Relocating the js reference link to the same script window stopped normal, hovered and pressed image display (removed js) and did give me a button bar, but with no fancy effects.

Any ideas here?

I don't want to just use a simple button bar with no fancy effects, but perhaps this is the only thing I can do. Are-writing code/css to make it css only sounded like a good idea, until I looked at how complicated it was. I am not a programmer.

And as stated, this might be my theme's problem.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Jeff
Jeff

Re: Button Image Links Get Page Name in Wordpress

Postby Aivars » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:44 am

You might be interested in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=4912

The idea is that you don't export your images to "topnavitem_files" but "/topnavitem_files", that way page name won't be added before image path.

If the topic above makes little sense, let me know and I'll try to explain.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Re: Button Image Links Get Page Name in Wordpress

Postby Jeff » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:53 am

That did the trick! Thanks!

Jeff
Jeff

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support