Adding Easybutton & menu maker 3 pro to dreamweaver template

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Adding Easybutton & menu maker 3 pro to dreamweaver template

Postby mstubb » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi Ive been using EMM 2 Pro for many years and always gone for the tables layout just for these menus as I could never get the css version to work.
Iam using dreamweaver CS5 and incert the horizontal menus into the dreamweaver template which lives in the Templates folder.

When using the tables Ive sussed out about adding ../ in front of stylesheet coding to get the buttons to work etc etc....... In both the desighn and live the buttons looked correct and worked as they should.

However I've upgraded to version 3 pro which is great and have to use css as tables are no longer used which is also great. but once I copy all the button code and pasted it inside my empty nav div layerit looks a mess when viewing in design view - however when I test they appear ok.

I know someone will probably say as long as it works and looks correct on the site then thats ok but I want it to look correct while on working on the rest of the site in design view..

In design view I can only see the first button and it appears the buttons are in a list format vertically, which I dont want.

Ive looked at the css generated and assume somewhere there should be some code to say the buttons should be inline without bullets etc. Using tables I simply created a css style which placed the table where I wanted it to go. What Iam I doing wrong??

I know once I've sorted it out my life will be so much easier and no more tables....

Please help I cannot beleive Iam the only person using dreamweaver templates and easy button ane menu maker :(
mstubb

Re: Adding Easybutton & menu maker 3 pro to dreamweaver temp

Postby mstubb » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:09 am

After a good nights sleep rebuilding the menu from scratch using version 3 pro and a bit of time looking on Support pages Ive found my own soloution: for the many that read my post the link iks below:
http://www.easymenumaker.com/support-answer.php?tid=90

mstubb

Postby Aivars » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:28 pm

Excellent, I'm glad you found the right KB article and got rid of tables in your code :) What do you think of version 3 so far?
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby mstubb » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:30 pm

Its great but Iam still finding Iam having to tweak the code for it to appear and work as it should?
mstubb

Postby Aivars » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:47 pm

What exactly is the problem? Maybe write to support and send link to your website, we'll take a look.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support