Multiple Menus on one page

Post your questions and problem reports here.

Multiple Menus on one page

Postby rextherunt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi All
I've had an interesting time trying to get two menus, one horizontal across the top and the other vertical down the side, to work in one page.
Creating either project and then inserting it works perfectly on it's own, but when you add the second it loses the images for the first.
I have used unique menu ID's for both but that made no difference, something was being changed or overwritten... :!:

Eventually I found a file called filelist_73g0.txt which contained the location of the images, js and css. By renaming it and then inserting my second menu to the web page it created a new filelist file and then both menus worked OK - not sure why it should though as I can't see how the link to the first filelist file is maintained as I've just renamed it, if that makes sense :o

Am I missing a step or doing something wrong when creating these menus? It's surely not supposed to work like that is it :?:

Using Easy Button & Menu Maker v3
rextherunt

Re: Multiple Menus on one page

Postby Aivars » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:26 pm

You might have found a bug, but I need to check. Filelist file contains list of files that need to be deleted when project is exported to HTML (otherwise you would get more and more images and CSS and everything). If you created both menus from the same project (with Save As presumably) then project's internal ID remained the same. It should be using the specified Unique ID for these things if specified, but apparently in case of filelist it doesn't.

For now export both menus to different subfolders and that should make sure they don't interfere with each other.
Blumentals Software Programmer
Aivars
Blumentals Software Developer

Postby rextherunt » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:04 pm

Hi

I created both menus as individual projects, not copied or 'saved as' from one to the other.

I have tried putting them into separate folders as suggested and individually they work OK, but the problem returns when you try to put both bits of code into the main single web page, very weird - but that might be a bit of human input error, not really sure at this stage. :?
rextherunt

Postby expressol » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:04 pm

yes it gives same file name when u trying to create multiple menus, but sometimes not, try to save as for several times, u may get the different filename, that's how i did it.
expressol

Return to Easy Button & Menu Maker Support